Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Memorial Day to Remember

         Oh Memorial Day, after an eight hour shift working, for the man, I was able to meet up with my wife and friends for a Memorial Day celebration.  I missed the extravagant yet small parade, the block party cookout with Lou and Nance, and getting a sunburn, but I didn't miss the Blue Moons and the beach.  Cranes Beach is a pretty spot not too far out from where I live, and any opportunity I have to go to the beach I try not to pass up.
         Kori, Kerry, and I headed to the beach around 4:30 in the evening, it was still plenty warm, and well stocked with Memorial Day Out-of-Towners, all of which were pick from sun exposure all day.  The girls decided to lounge in the sun, but not me, I was at the beach.  I slowly but surely walked my way into the Atlantic.
         In my mind I was hoping to catch a Striper (Striped Sea Bass) with my bare (or bear) hands, but I figured that was just wishful thinking.  While walking through the water I literally stumbled upon some snails, most snails I find in the ocean are about the size of a dime, these snails were the size of a baseball, it was very cool.
         I stayed in the water looking for hermit crabs, or skates, I didn't end up finding either of those but I did find some good sized sand dollars, it was a good day at the beach.  I put everything back...don't worry.  After the beach I went over to a friends house where we had some food, fun, and fire.  I was given the task of building the fire, I was honored, it took a couple of tries, but I made a pretty good fire.  The rest if the night was leisurely, I ate, talked, laughed, had a couple of Blue Moon Summers (which are fantabulous), and lost to Nance in Horse.  It was a great Outdoor Day.
        Keep Fishing,
RuggedGoodLooks

No comments:

Post a Comment